Thursday, August 17, 2006

Good Job Bat Nurse!

I have been called many things in my career as a paralegal but yesterday made a first for "Bat Nurse". I must say Iam enjoying new attorney's sense of humor. Yesterday we were attempting to finalize a huge document yet he needed to be out of the office after 10:00 a.m. As most often happens in the legal world, we were being delayed waiting on an element from our client. I asked Bat Guy (new attorney - explanation to follow) if he would sign the document and once I received the final portion from the client, I could then e-file it with the court. He complied and responded "If I were a surgeron, I'de say 'nurse you close please'". He rushed out there door leaving me a message with his "super secret, always attached to the hip, Bat phone" number. I responded that I would attempt to utilize the Bat Signals for emergency purposes only and would e-mail him once the document was closed and in recovery. The responds "Good Job Bat Nurse."

I realize this speaks highly to my state of mind. Hopefully after the end of the year some sort of normalcy will return to the Firm.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Well, 'Bat Nurse' is much more in your favor than being called 'Bat-shit insane', as I refer to several people in my office. :)

2:56 PM  
Blogger Nap Queen said...

LOL, at least you got an atty. with a sense of humor!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home