Friday, July 14, 2006

Like a Junkie Needing a Fix


The Doodlebug is the very classic "baby" of the house. Knowing (for CERTAIN this time) that she is my last baby, I have not forced her to release the baby things that I did with Thing 1 and Thing 2. One such example is her pacifier. While I dutifully removed the pacifier when The Boss and Monster were right at one year old, Doddlebug, at 19 months, was still sleeping with hers. Well, last night when I was putting her to bed, no "night-nights" could be found. I decided well, no better time than the present. Thirty minutes of heart-wrenching screams and tears later, she fell asleep. I have no doubt that what appears to be such a sweet little girl, would have clawed my eyes out if she thought she could get a "night-night" as a result.

In the end, I couldn't be more proud. I fully expected to be woken up no less than three times throughout the night as the need for the "night-night" fix would arise. Surprisingly, I only heard from her once. I rocked her for just a few moments and back to sleep she went. Way to go Doodlebug. Now, we'll see if I can hold out tonight as I have now located the lost "night-nights" and the second night is usually worse.

Good news is the new baby kitten (Daisy is her name last I checked) is coming home tonight. Hopefully the excitement will be more than the Doodlebug can take and she will slip peacefully off to sleep.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Yea. Let me know how that works out for you! :)

I once tried to get one of your children to sleep without a "night-night". I thought she was going to kill me. :)

6:30 AM  
Blogger The Old Lady said...

I have little doubt the Doodlebug will spend the day planning my demise.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Nap Queen said...

Oh, poor doodlebug :) Sounds like she did really well, though. Let us know how the second night goes :) And I can't wait to hear all about Daisy! I need to get my kitten fix somewhere!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I know just how you feel. I just put my two year old on a schedule. (she was sleeping going to bed the same time as hubby and me and I just had enough) Four days of screams and then we did just fine. Hang in there!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Weezie said...

What a cute kitty! I'm going to post soon with pictures of the cute bunnies in my yard. Good luck with the night-night. My kids never took one, so we never had that issue. Don't think I'm gloating. We have many many other issues.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that my kids are both going to go to college with their Pooties.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Lynilu said...

The pictures are precious. Doodlebug may surprise you. My son bit thru one. He was so fascinated at what he did that he proceeded to bite thru every one of them and threw them in the trash! And he slept without any significant murderous bent that I could discern! Good luck.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home