Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Grandmas Are The Best

Taking a cue from Lynliu, Grandmas are the Best. I remember going to my Grandmother's for one New Year's Eve. The next day we asked my Mother if we could stay at Grandma's a little longer. She said for us to call when we were ready to come home. We went home on January 7th. Each day Mom would check in and we would choose to stay another day.

Now it is my Mother's turn at being the Grandma and she is truly the best! Today she managed to get all three Kids to nap AT THE SAME TIME!!!!! The Old Man and I have to work this week but our daycare chooses not to do so. Therefore, my amazing Mother volunteered to come in and stay at The Shoe in our absence. While I am thankful for the assistance, I must admit I've been a little worried about dear old Mom. I keep thinking she doesn't realize what she has agreed to do. However, when I called to check in this afternoon and she reported on the nap situation, I am no longer worried! I guess my brother, sister and I trained her well!

At almost 58 years old, my mother took her first commerical flight to get here. Doodlebug now thinks we found Grandma at the airport and we can just go there and get her whenever we want to see Grandma. The Monster declared he had a great idea. He thinks Grandma should just move all her things into our guest room. The Monster also declared that he wants to marry me. When I informed him he is to late that I am already married to his Dad, he said that was okay, he would marry Grandma since she isn't married. Needless to say, we will all be sad when Grandma has to go back to the airport on Thursday morning!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nap Queen said...

What an awesome mom you have!!! Sorry you have to go back to work :( I hope your Christmas was wonderful!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Lynilu said...

That's great! I did the same thing for my daughter one time. It was wonderful fun for everyone! I think I can speak for most grandmothers when I say that this is what grandmothering is all about, pretending to help our kids so we can have special, uninterruped gallopin' gollups of fun with the grandkids. We let you think it's for you, 'cause that makes you feel that indebetness to us, but it's all about us and the kids!!

I'm so happy for you all that you could do this!! What fun, what fun!!

Hey, Mrs. Shoe, I'm going to be in your area in the near future. It may be very briefly, but if I can arrange it, I'd love to meet you for lunch or a cup of coffee. I'm gong to be helping to move my sister to her daughter's home in Allen. When I know a date, I'll let you know. Happy New Year.

PS - Tell your mom her secret is safe with me.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home