Monday, December 18, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

No you didn't forget it and you are not late, the actual event isn't until tomorrow. Yes I will be celebrating (well, not really) the fourth anniversary of my 30th birthday.

However, in anticipation of the blessed event, I had such an amazing weekend!!! Mrs. M and I took The Boss and her Princess to see The Nutcracker! I have 1) never been to the Bass Performance Hall in Fort Worth, 2) never seen the Nutcracker and c) never seen a Ballet. Hard to say who of the four of us enjoyed it more. Mrs. M. played various parts in the Nutcracker as a small child and enjoyed being the "veteran" while The Boss, Princess and myself took in the full experience. Just a super great day!!!

On Sunday, some of my Tuesday Night playgroup pals and I went to see The Holiday and to partake of some adult beverages. Again an amazingly wonderful time with nothing really outstanding to report other than how amazingly good-looking Jude Law is in that movie. Having not seen a movie since the last Harry Potter, I was just excited to be part of the real world.

Throughout all of these adventures it did not escape me how wonderfully blessed I am. I have amazing friends as well as an amazing family. Lately I have reminded myself that about 14 years ago I had dreams of running the world. I was going to be the first female Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. Now all I dream about is running a bubble bath. However, I have realized that while I may not be Queen of the world, my kids think I'm a Superstar, my Man thinks I'm amazing and in the four walls of my home I am the Queen. What could be better!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Let me be the FIRST to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I loved the last paragraph of your post.

Just in case you don't know, your friends think you're great too.

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto what Tammy said, except I guess I'm not FIRST to wish you Happy Birthday.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Happy Birthday!!!!, even though I'm late. :P

7:34 AM  
Blogger Weezie said...

I'm late too, but I hope you had a wonderful birthday! Happy 30 + 4. I think you're catching up with me.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home