Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Dear Me

I'm writing this letter to try and tell myself it is time for me to feel better. While the last two weeks have been less than ideal I'm always the positive person. I can see the good in anything.
All of sudden, without warning I went from enjoying my career, the work I do and the people with whom I work to pure discontent. I don't hate it. I just don't enjoy it. At times there is more work to do than probably two people can handle and by the end of the day my stress level has maxed out. Then I go home to three amazing, yet stressful children (and two kittens who keep thinking they need to help me type).
Two days after my work life exploded everything at The Shoe seems out of sorts without A/C. The Old Man and I moved into our guest room/playroom to escape the scorching heat in our upstairs Master Bedroom but moved in right across the hall from all those children. (Yes I do realize there are only three of them, however, they seem to multiply by tens when I have a headache.)
I had to move my office up to the 20th floor of The Firm. Couldn't bring myself to unpack 5 years worth of family photos, odd gifts and desk toys. So, everything has been uncomfortable at the office and at home. Most disturbing is everything has been uncomfortable in my head. I'm such a planner and right now there is nothing in my life that is under my control. I seem to be battling issue after issue in my head for which there are no black and white answers.
So, as I said in the beginning it is time for me to feel better! I now have cool and dry air circulating through out the Shoe (the humidity has been almost as bad as the heat). I can sleep in my own bed snuggled up with The Old Man with no little bodies sneaking across the hall to disturb my slumber. Most importantly, in just Two Days, while Lynilu starts her new journey, I'll be headed for the BEACH! While there is a little stress trying to coordinate the journey for three families, I REFUSE to be stress about this trip. We will all get there when we are meant to get there and eat whatever is available. Even if it rains and is cold the entire time we are there,
all 8 kids (ages 6 and under) will enjoy just being away from home!
I keep telling myself I will feel better after a break, but now I've decided it's time for me to feel better NOW. My home is comfortable and somewhat orderly again. I have a "team meeting" with one of my new teams today. My departed co-workers have been on a business trip all week so they have seemed so distant. They come back tomorrow and one will come by to visit and pick up some remaining files.
So, it is time for me to feel better!
-- The Old Lady

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad your life is easing. Have a good vacation, and when we "talk" again, perhaps I'll be heling also. Have fun, fun, fun!!

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, well, that should say " . . . perhaps I'll be healing . . . "

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This time in your life is like new adventures across a multilane bridge (home, work, and family) with a different set of conditions on the other side. I hope they will all be better conditions, but life has taught me that some will probabley be better while some will not and there will be new challenges for you to face not worse or beter just new. Try to relax and enjoy the trip (Life and beach)

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As one of your co-workers on the new "team" I'm glad you have moved up to 20 and hope you can begin enjoying work again. I know for me I'm feeling better about it each day. I think we can make it work out OK!

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a GREAT time to go to the beach.

When you get back, all will be better. It has to. :)

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home