Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Be Careful What You Wish For...

The Old Man is heading to Arkansas to visit his parents. We have been in possession of an antique bookcase that was once theirs which we no longer have space for and we fear all those children at the Shoe will eventually break the glass front in the case. He has decided to take it back to his parents and thus make the trip alone as the bookcase would fit in our van without the back seats. Turns out it fits in the back of the van with taking out only the 3rd row of seats. Since he has space he has decided to take The Monster with him and make it a boys trip.
While I am very excited about having some "girl time" at my house and I know The Monster will love having his best friend Buck (Grandpa) to himself I am strangely sad. I haven't been away from him other than a quick weekend trip for a funeral in Houston at which time I had so much going on with the funeral that I really didn't have time to think about being away. Then I was also away from him for a day when Doodlebug was born. Having just the girls with me will make things so much easier with The Old Man gone, but it doesn't mean I won't miss them both!!!
It is a great idea for everyone at The Shoe but I am a little sad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynilu said...

First "aparts" can be sad, but I'm guessing that you'll enjoy the special time with the girls. As they grow, children need special time with each parent, because we are different alone than we are as a couple. It's a healthy thing. Honest!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Addy said...

Awwww. I always feel the same way when mine go to grandma's too.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home